Re: TH flag for aeson

It is against cabal policy for the API to change as a result of enabling/disabling flags. That is because there is no way to depend on a version of aeson with TH enabled.

The only proper work-around that I know is to create a separate aeson-th package which contains the .TH module.

- jeremy

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Clint Adams <clint@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 12:05:13AM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Would you consider adding a flag like this so that we can build
> modern aeson on architectures without TH?

Also the tests can't be run on platforms without threaded runtime.
In our case, sparc has TH but no RTS.