Packaging Yi

Hello everyone!

I'm now considering to debianize the Yi Editor
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi).  I know Yi is still in its
early beta or maybe alpha stage, but already somewhat usable(I've been
giving it a try every half a year or so and found it's steadily
improving), and its concept is too fascinating to ignore ;-)

I'm a DD, but I'm relatively new to Haskell and this will be my first
Haskell-related package,  so I appreciate your help(or please let me
know if someone's already working on it or packaging Yi is a bad idea
in the first place ;-).  I have a very rough preliminary package, but
I'm not filing ITP yet.

There are several questions, but firstly, I would like to ask about
Haskell package dependency on Debian.  I could build the current Yi
0.6.4.0 (with some tweaks for alex 3), but it seems to depend the
following Haskell packages which are not available in Debian sid yet:

cautious-file-1.0
concrete-typerep-0.1
data-accessor-monads-fd-0.2.0.3
derive-2.4.2
dyre-0.8.6
executable-path-0.0.2
fingertree-0.0.1.0
haskell-src-exts-1.10.2
monas-fd-0.2.0.0
pointedlist-0.3.5
rosezipper-0.1
xdg-basedir-0.2.1

Also, if we try to build Yi with Pango, then we need newer gtk2hs
version >=0.13.5 (currently we have 0.13.4 in sid ).

I read most of Haskell pages on Debian Wiki, and from my
understanding, the right way to put them in Debian is joining Alioth
pkg-haskell project.  Is this correct?  And do I have to package them
by myself?  Does anyone working on it?

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics, Surugadai University