Re: darcs: haskell-yaml: Disable patch to use system libyaml.

Hi Clint,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.09.2011, 21:54 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:35:30AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I’m curious: Why did you have to remove that patch? In Debian, we avoid
> > convenience copies when possible, e.g. for security reasons: Judging
>
> The Haskell/FFI stuff in "yaml" uses get_scalar_anchor(), which is
> a symbol not present in the Debian libyaml.  Once I noticed this I
> became very confused about the embedded copy's relation to to the
> PyYAML libyaml, and decided it was best to use the embedded copy
> after all.

get_scalar_anchor() is provided by c/helper.c, which seems to be glue
code written by Michael (it is not part of libyaml-dev). This is a
confusing situation for reviewers, hence my patch separates these two
files in two directories, cf.
https://github.com/nomeata/yaml/commit/a01302a8939a475ccdce73237e1ba6708ef5a20b (it does not move helper.c).

And the next patch, the system-libyaml-patch, still uses helper.c, hence
this works. At least the tests pass.