Re: Merging three direcories in postinst

Hi again,

Am Freitag, den 17.06.2011, 16:38 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > Are you sure this is the version you tested ?  Your tests don't seem
> > to have been very comprehensive ...
> >
> > I see this:
> >    find $path -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -print0 | xargs -0 -r mv /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/
> > which doesn't look like it will do what you want!
>
> Strange. The "-t" after mv got missing. But it was working at some
> point... guess that was when it was still the "mv" command, and then
> this command line was not checked in all cases.
>
> I’ll add it, retry my tests, and come back.

allright, added the -t that should have been there and re-tested various
order of installing and purging ghc-doc and libghc-xhtml-doc. Thinks
work smoothly, with one drawback:

If ghc-doc is removed before libghc-xhtml-doc, /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/
is left over as an empty directory. Because ghc-doc cannot remove it, as
the .haddock file from libghc-xhtml-doc resides in it. And when
libghc-xhtml-doc is removed, dpkg only removes the .haddock file and
symlink that used to be the directory it was in.

Theoretically, the correct solution is to undo the symlinking and moving
the files back when ghc-doc is removed. But this would require
remembering where the files came from and does not seem to be worth the
trouble and risk of breakage. If later ghc-doc is re-installed, things
are fine again. Also, once all libghc-*-doc packages move their -doc
files to the proper location, the problem will disappear automatically.

Current code at
http://anonscm.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/ghc/ghc-doc.postinst.in