language-javascript in Debian

I'm trying to package language-javascript 0.4.4 for Debian and I'm
running into some trouble.

The first problem is that it gets upset about an invalid character
on the lookahead line after 12.4 in
src/Language/JavaScript/Parser/Grammar5.y

Removing that, it continues and then fails because of

src/Language/JavaScript/Parser/Lexer.x:362:40:
    Illegal symbol '.' in type
    Perhaps you intended -XRankNTypes or similar flag
    to enable explicit-forall syntax: forall <tvs>. <type>

I tried putting
{-# LANGUAGE RankNTypes #-}
at the top, but it still wouldn't build.

Can you help?