Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.4 Release Candidate 1

Hiya,

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 12:17:03AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.06.2011, 18:18 +0100 schrieb Ian Lynagh:
We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.0.4:

    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.0.4-rc1/

This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

testers on Debian welcome. Should we put the rc1 into experimental, to
find possible problems on other arches before the final release?

Yeah, that's a nice idea. I think it's a nice practice to put prereleases in experimental if maintainers have time to do it.

[...]

For 7.0.4, we should fix the .haddock path to be ghc version
independent. And then we need full source uploads of all packages... or
we create some hack to find the .haddock files in the old path as well,
until the haddock interface changes. Any preferences?

Yes, I definitely have a preference to /avoid/ doing another grinding source transition. So I'd prefer finding some workaround (like symlinking the old path) or postponing this change until we have to do one anyway.

Iain