Re: vty version

Hi there,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 02:34:02PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
I thought that I would also package hledger-vty, but it requires
vty (≥4.6.0.1 & <4.7).  I know from chasing long dependency
chains that newer versions can break things, so what I'm wondering
is how to tell if uploading vty 4.6.0.6 will break anything.

Look at the cabal version constraints in the rdepends (hopefully these are expressed correctly in Build-Depend relationships, but that's not always the case) and see if they are satisfied by the new release. Looks like vty doesn't have any rdeps though

,----
| (unstable-amd64)root@chicken:~# apt-cache rdepends libghc-vty-dev-3.1.8.4-5d457
| <libghc-vty-dev-3.1.8.4-5d457>
| (unstable-amd64)root@chicken:~# grep-dctrl -FBuild-Depends -s Package \
|   libghc-vty-dev /var/lib/apt/lists/localhost\:3142_debian_dists_sid_main_source_Sources
| (unstable-amd64)root@chicken:~# `----

So you should be fine to go ahead.

Ta,
Iain