haskell-debian (Was: Uploading haskore & status check)

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2011, 07:50 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Excerpts from Iain Lane's message of Qua Jun 01 07:27:28 -0300 2011:
> (...)
> > Where are we with gitit and haskell-debian?
>
> Well, I have my own version of haskell-debian here, and I can apply the patch
> for supporting the new haxml on David's version.  As David has not returned any
> of my contact attempts, I believe we can consider him an inactive upstream, and
> maybe stick with my version.
>
> The difference between them is mostly that mine is addapted for the current DHG
> practices, and gets more information.  For instance, it uses apt-file for
> finding out library names.
>
> What's your opinion on this?

if David has really turned inactive, I’d say it is reasonable to upload
your package to hackage. Hackage does not have Debian’s sense of strong
ownership, it seems. And I think that it is ok for a package called
"debian" to be maintained by a member of the Debian Haskell Group.

Of course, it would be better if all interested parties can successful
collaborate on one code base, and I think when David comes back, this
will be possible.