Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Processing of haskell98-report_20080907-2_amd64.changes

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.05.2011, 16:54 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:14:09PM -0300, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> >Hi.
> >
> >Excerpts from Debian FTP Masters's message of Qui Mai 26 11:17:08 -0300 2011:
> >(...)
> >> haskell98-report_20080907-2_amd64.changes uploaded successfully to ftp-master.debian.org
> >
> >Does it still makes sense to keep this package in Debian?  If we are planning
> >to keep one haskell report, maybe it should be 2010.  In this case, I propose
> >we changed the package name to haskell-report, to avoid problems on the
> >future.
>
> Do we know what GHC is planning on doing? On [0] you can see the
> statement:
>
>    As with all known Haskell systems, GHC implements some extensions to
>    the language. They are all enabled by options; by default GHC
>    understands only plain Haskell 98.
>
> So if Haskell 98 is still relevant then we should keep it and package
> 2010 separately.
>
> If not, then I agree we should do as you propose.

Maybe the 2010 report is clear on what has changed since 98 (after all,
there is not much difference), then there’d be a one-stop source.

If we want to keep both, then, to avoid confusion, I’d still prefer one
haskell-report package that ships both documents, preferably with a
short introductory index page.