Re: darcs' debian/control ghc6 -> ghc pisses off pbuilder

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

>> I'm not in the Uploaders field for mmap or parsec so I can't upload
>> source packages to the archive.
>
> I’m traveling at the moment, I hope someone else can handle that.

Well *I'm* in no hurry, having stepped down :-)

> Ah, see above. Maybe we should check back with the Darcs devels, but
> parsec3 being in the platform is a strong indicator that it ought to
> be used.

IIRC it was the *cabal/hackage* people who told me not to use parsec3.
Possibly it was just #haskell on freenode, and I shouldn't have listened.

It should be trivial to do so: remove the extra constraint from
debian/rules and bump the build-depends entry.  Perhaps the new
maintainer can do some benchmarking with each parsec and work out if the
difference is significant :-)

PS: http://bugs.debian.org/624162