Re: FTBFS on amd64

Hi,

Am Montag, den 28.02.2011, 14:09 +0000 schrieb Iain Lane:
> I see that there's an FTBFS on armel:
>
> ,----
> | checking for hbc... no
> | /usr/bin/ld:
> | /usr/lib/ghc-6.12.1/unix-2.4.0.0/libHSunix-2.4.0.0.a(Semaphore.o):
> | undefined reference to symbol 'sem_post@@GLIBC_2.4'
> | /usr/bin/ld: note: 'sem_post@@GLIBC_2.4' is defined in DSO
> | /lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
> `----
>
> ...which looks remarkably similar to one I fixed on Ubuntu some weeks
> ago: [0] is the diff that I applied there (against 6.12.3, but I
> imagine the configure changes are much the same) — basically the idea
> is to explicitly link with -lpthread for one upload (so that the unix
> library in-archive gets fixed), as well as adding the correct linker
> flags to the unix library. The latter appears to be [1], but I can't
> find the proper patch applied by Ian.

ouch, sounds complicated. I’ll set that back for now, and concentrate on
the main arches

> You could reasonably do the rules/configure changes with a porter
> (binary) upload, as it's only a bootstrapping problem, but the fixed
> libraries/unix/configure.ac needs to live in the source package.
>
> I don't understand the failure on amd64.

epoll headers et. al. are available. By googling I found other mentions
of this problem, not related to ghc, which indicate a pre 2.6 kernel –
unlikely. Maybe the build will go through on another buildd with the
next upload.

I’ll test the current i386 version in a chroot and maybe upload
haskell-devscripts and the first library(ies) to experimental now.