Re: Add llvm package as a suggested package for ghc

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2011, 09:13 -0800 schrieb David Terei:
> I wanted to suggested that for the ghc debian package you add llvm as
> a suggested package. This will highlight the importance of this
> package as it's needed for using the llvm backend of GHC.

I guess you are the person to ask a few questions that I had since a
while:
 * What steps are (currently) needed to compile an Haskell program using
LLVM on Debian?
 * Is the output binary-compatible, e.g. can I build a program using
LLVM but use libraries built the usual way?
 * Should we build the binary packages of Haskell libraries with LLVM?
Why? If not, why not?

Thanks,