Re: Analysis of "Nikki and the Robots" dependencies

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Build-Dependencies are also in place now, once the copyright file is
> there we can upload the package.

Hmm, some of the audio is generated by a program that requires Adobe
Flash & Adobe AIR, we therefore cannot modify the audio source and
regenerate the audio using only tools in Debian main. I wonder if this
means it will have to go to contrib instead?

These level files look like they need a pretty-printer run over them
too. Are they obfuscated?

Some of the PNG files claim to be generated by the GIMP, are there XCF
sources for them?

Some of the PNG files contain text, would it be possible for them to
be rendered at build time so the text can be changed if need be?

Some of the PNG files are just resized versions, would it be better to
resize those at build time?

> Sönke, is there a particular version you’d prefer us to upload to
> Debian, instead of just an arbitrary random darcs snapshot? In that
> case, put it on http://code.joyridelabs.de/tarballs/ and tell us about
> it.

I wasn't able to build the package because the packaging assumes some
random snapshot.

If we're going to ship a random snapshot, can we please get a
get-orig-source target in debian/rules?

--
bye,
pabs