Re: New platform upcoming

Hi group,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.09.2011, 15:26 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> a new version of the Haskell platform is upcoming, see
> http://projects.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-platform/2011-September/001644.html
>
> I have updated the haskell version tracker to track that:
> http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/platform.html
>
> We only need to update fgl, HTTP, regex-compat, regex-posix, syb, text
> and xhtml.
>
> I have just uploaded an updated text package. This is also a
> prerequisite for double-conversion and hence helps with getting yesod
> into Debian.
>
> Unfortunately, we have already moved alex beyond what is prescribed by
> the platform, so we won’t be able to provider the “proper” platform to
> our users until they also switch to alex 3.

I’m wondering if it makes sense to push this agenda and get this version
of the platform into unstable and then into testing before we start
working on ghc 7.4? The latter might take a while, and I guess it would
be nice to have something slightly more up-to-date in testing in the
meantime.

Optinions? Or better: Action? (i.e. feel free to start start updating
these packages to the version mentioned on the tracker.)