Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-yaml: Disable patch to use system libyaml.

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.09.2011, 13:18 +0300 schrieb Michael Snoyman:
> Thanks for the heads-up. As I'm an amateur at copyright law, where
> would be the most logical place to put it? c/LICENSE, LICENSE-libyaml?
> Suggestions definitely welcome.

I’d suggest to rename the directory to libyaml (to separate it from
possible *.c files that are not part of libyaml) and copy their LICENSE
file to libyaml/LICENSE.

Additionally, you should add “(c) 2006 Kirill Simonov” in the copyright
field of the *.cabal file and mention in the description that “the full
C library” is “libyaml v0.1.2 by Kirill Simonov
<http://pyyaml.org/wiki/LibYAML>“, to give proper credit here.

Also, if you do any changes to the .c files, it would be nice to have
them documented somewhere, e.g. a README-libyaml in the top level
directory. This would make it easier for distro package maintainers to
decide whether the regular libyaml library can be used or whether the
embedded copy has to be used.