Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-http-enumerator: Initial commit.

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 14:18 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi Iulian,

Hello there.

> Am Montag, den 05.09.2011, 10:21 +0000 schrieb Iulian Udrea:
> > + This package uses attoparsec for parsing the actual contents of the HTTP
> > + connection. The only gotcha is the withHttpEnumerator function, otherwise
> > + should do exactly what you expect.
> > + .
> > + This package provides a library for the Haskell programming language.
> > + See http://www.haskell.org/ for more information on Haskell.
>
> thanks for the package. May I ask you come up with a good description
> before I upload? Especially the sentence about the gotcha is
> incomprehensible (and even reading the module documentation does not
> explain what gotcha there is, nor what that function is).

The description has been copied verbatim from the cabal file. This
library is a dependency of yesod 0.8.2.1 which we're trying to get in. I
haven't looked at the source as I don't have any particular interests in
the library and hence I don't know what the withHttpEnumerator function
does.

I found "This module contains everything you need to initiate HTTP
connections. Make sure to wrap your code with 'withHttpEnumerator'." but
as you said it doesn't tell anything useful about withHttpEnumerator.

What do you think of replacing "The only gotcha is the
withHttpEnumerator function, otherwise should do exactly what you
expect." with "This module contains everything you need to initiate HTTP
connections."? Does that make sense to you? At least when someone
apt-cache searches for "http connection", the library will show up.

Cheers,
--
Iulian Udrea
iulian@linux.com