Re: quickcheck and ghci

Hi Joey,

Am Montag, den 25.04.2011, 12:32 -0400 schrieb Joey Hess:
> haskell-quickcheck (2.4.0.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Build-Depend on ghc-ghci, as this package uses template haskell
>
>  -- Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>  Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:20:08 +0530
>
> This seems difficult for any package that wants to a) use quickcheck
> and b) be available on all the architectures where ghci is not available.
>
> Is my best choice just to disable the quickcheck-using parts of the
> test suite of my package?

unfortunately, that seems to be the case. Or, if you want to go through
the trouble, make a build-time check whether to build and run the tests.

Additionally, it could help if occasionaly people let upstream know that
we would be glad to have TH support on all arches. But without people
actually tackling the issues, I don’t expect much changes.