Re: HCAR

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2011, 16:51 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Should we submit an entry for the Haskell Community and Activities Report about
> the work done by Debian Haskell?

we have, actually. I might have forgotten to CC the group, attached is
what I sent to Janis after the recent request for updates...

Indeed, I forgot the CC. Please review!

% DebianHaskellGroup-JD.tex
\begin{hcarentry}[new]{Debian Haskell Group}
\report{Joachim Breitner}%11/10
\status{working}
\makeheader

The Debian Haskell Group aims to provide an optimal Haskell experience
to users of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and derived distributions
such as Ubuntu. We try to follow the Haskell Platform versions for the
core package and package a wide range of other useful libraries and
programs. In total, we maintain 215 source packages.

A system of virtual package names and dependencies, based on the ABI
hashes, guarantees that a system upgrade will leave all installed
libraries usable. Most libraries are also optionally available with the
profiling data and the documentation packages register with the
system-wide index.

While writing these lines, we are in the progress of transitioning to ghc
version 7, of which the Haskell Group has become the maintainer as well. While
doing that, we drop the 6 from the library package names, which causes the
transition take longer than usual. Nevertheless, the Haskell Platform is
available in Debian unstable in version 2011.2.0.1, while the recently released
stable version of Debian, â??squeezeâ??, ships 2010.1.0.0.

\FurtherReading
  \url{http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell}
\end{hcarentry}