Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] ghc (7.0.2-3 for amd64)

Dear Hans,

Am Samstag, den 19.03.2011, 09:26 +0100 schrieb Hans Peter Würmli:
> The debian package for ghc-7.0.2-3 for amd64 (and possibly ghc-7.0.2-4
> for some other architectures) has a dependency error: it depends on
> libgmp-dev, but libgmp10-dev is meant.

actually, libgmp-dev is picked intentionally. libgmp10-dev provides
libgmp-dev, so this works fine. The benefit is that when libgmp11-dev is
introduced some time in the future, ghc stays installable.

Having ghc not installable anymore causes problems, as we need ghc to
build the next version of ghc.

Or do you see a problem with using libgmp10-dev that we are not aware
of?

Thanks,