Re: No Haddock instance documentation

Hi Omari,

Am Freitag, den 07.01.2011, 08:36 -0500 schrieb Omari Norman:
> My Haddock documentation on squeeze doesn't have documentation for any
> class instances. This is true both for the docs that come with Debian
> and for the docs I build for my own packages. Other docs on the Internet
> have instance documentation, even for relatively old GHC releases like
> 6.6.1:
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.6.1/html/libraries/base/Prelude.html
>
> I got a newer haddock from Hackage and it generated instance
> documentation for my own packages. Is there a Debian bug here? Thanks.

your observation is right. For a more specific example, let’s look at
the Eq type class:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.6.1/html/libraries/base/Prelude.html#t%3AEq
lists a lot of instances while
file:///usr/share/doc/ghc6-doc/html/libraries/base-4.2.0.0/Prelude.html#t%3AEq
lists none.

Unfortunately, the cause is not clear to me. My first idea was that it
could be related to which packages are installed/visible at build time,
but these intances are from the same package, base.

So any debugging help would be appreciated.