Re: [Haskell] Haskell Weekly News: Issue 156 - October 27, 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

Am Sonntag, den 31.10.2010, 11:21 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch:
> Am Samstag, den 30.10.2010, 22:02 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> > On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 09:46:21PM +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > > […]
> >
> > > Hello,
> >
> > > why is the name of the haskell-platform package in all lowercase?
> >
> > All package names are in lowercase. Is this a problem?
>
> Sorry, I was a bit unprecise. I didn’t mean the “package identifier”,
> i.e., “haskell-platform”, but the short description, which is “standard
> haskell libraries and tools” instead of “Standard Haskell libraries and
> tools”.

thanks for the suggestion, fixed.

> > ...somewhat relatedly, I just read threads on Reddit complaining about
> > our versioning not matching the platform,
>
> All versions of the Haskell Platform released by upstream specify exact
> versions of compilers, libraries, etc. that they provide. In my opinion,
> Debian should provide the same versions if it claims to provide the
> Haskell Platform.

Well, lets put it this way: We provide something as close to the Haskell
Platform as possible, while reserving the right to include bugfixes or
other changes that we consider important to our users.