Re: Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 RC

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.07.2010, 15:41 -0700 schrieb Don Stewart:
> Release candidate specification for the 2010.2.0.0 release of the
> Haskell Platform is now available, the first encorporating GHC 6.12.3:
>
>     http://code.haskell.org/haskell-platform/haskell-platform.cabal
>
> RC for the Unix installer is here:
>
>     http://www.galois.com/~dons/tmp/hp/haskell-platform-2010.2.0.0.tar.gz
>
> Time to get  the Mac and Windows installers ready, and to prep the distro packages!!
>
> Release due next Thursday.

this leads us to the question: What do we want in squeeze? Are we happy
with the current situation? Or should we try to get 6.12.3 and 2010.2.
ready?

As I can see it currently, the state of haskell in testing is quite
well. So if we’d upload ghc6-6.12.3 to unstable now and do _not_ make it
in testing in time, there is not much of a loss. The only possible
problem is if we do not make it to testing in time _and_ it turns out
that we have to fix bugs in testing; then we would have to use
testing-proposed-updates to fix those.

I think I’m in favor of uploading ghc6-6.12.3 and updated libraries to
unstable. I’m especially interested in koals opinion, as he is the ghc6
maintainer.