haskell-debian → Debian

Hi David, Hi DHG,

I packaged the ghc package “debian” for “Debian” at
http://darcs.debian.org/pkg-haskell/haskell-debian/. I based it on the
hackage version (3.40) with one patch from the Darcs repo to make it
compile with ghc-6.12.

There are more patches in the repo that are probably needed. @David: Is
there a reason why you have not uploaded the newer versions to hackage?

Note that the newest darcs version adds a new dependency on the package
applicative-extras, which is not in Debian, and Cabal-1.9 which seems to
belong to ghc-6.13. I’d appreciate a stable version that does not
require more packages to be added to Debian.

I’ll wait before uploading until I hear from you.

Thanks,