Re: haskell-http 40000009-1

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 18.04.2010, 22:42 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Opa Leandro.
> Excerpts from Leandro Penz's message of Dom Abr 18 17:28:43 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> > I took a look at haskell-http this time. The license did not change,
> > and all versioned reverse-dependencies built with it (haskell-haxr,
> > haskell-tagsoup, haskell-recaptcha). Again, only a new changelog entry
> > was needed. I did that. Should I push it straight to alioth's
> > haskell-http or to somewhere else?
>
> There's also haskell-cabal-install, darcs and pandoc.  If these also build ok,
> you can just push it to the repository.
>
> Thanks for your work.

while it is always nice to do thorough quality checking, I must admit
that I wouldn’t do it to that extend myself. If the version number of
the library is just a minor bump and no packages has an explicit problem
with that version (in the Cabal file), I’d assume it to be safe.

Also, for Platform updates, I’d expect the depending packages to adjust
themselves, so any FTBFS we find can just be fixed.

Problematic are larger updates that revamp the whole API (Quickcheck 1
vs. 2, parsec 2 vs. 3). And of course unexpected incompatibilites such
as darcs vs. mmap-0.5.