Re: Empty binary packages

Alright,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 08:59:06PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 11.04.2010, 19:16 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
I noticed that haskell-hsql-mysql produces empty binary packages. After
some investigation, this turned out to be due to trailing whitespace in
the cabal file. I noticed that Joachim has fixed this in
darcs/haskell-devscripts, but not uploaded.

This seems to be something that we want to fix quite rapidly (would be
an RC bug in h-h-m if filed), so I think it's worth doing an upload of
haskell-devscripts.

I haven't done any other analysis to see if other packages will also
need to be binNMUed. I'll try and do this in the week if nobody does
sooner.

I thought I uploaded that change and failed to push to darcs, or maybe I
forgot to upload, or something :-)

I’d be grateful if you have a look if it is indeed fixed in the darcs
version of haskell-devscripts. I’ll do an upload then.

Yes, I checked and it now works fine. Also I did a check over all DHG packages:

  root@chicken:/tmp# lintian --tags empty-binary-package *deb
warning: lintian's authors do not recommend running it with root privileges!
  W: configfile-doc: empty-binary-package
  W: hslogger-doc: empty-binary-package
  W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-dev: empty-binary-package
  W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-doc: empty-binary-package
  W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-prof: empty-binary-package
which looks alright (I didn't check those doc ones, but it's likely they are transitional packages)

Cheers,
Iain