Re: haskell-type-level ready for upload

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 30.03.2010, 20:52 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> > The haskell-type-level library is now in the DHG darcs repo and ready
> > for upload.
>
> I just built it, but I’m wondering if it makes sense to include a 10MB
> Html file documenting 14000 aliases for numbers.
>
> Can you find out if it is possible to hide them from haddock?

Well haddock has a --hide=Module.Name option and the hlibrary.mk
Makefile understands something like this:

    DEB_HADDOCK_OPTS = --hide=Data.TypeLevel.Num.Aliases

add to the debian/rules file, but then the build fails with:

    Registering type-level-0.2.4...
    touch build-ghc6-stamp
    [ ! -x /usr/bin/haddock ] || debian/hlibrary.setup haddock --builddir=dist-ghc6
        --hide=Data.TypeLevel.Num.Aliases --hyperlink-source
    unrecognized option `--hide=Data.TypeLevel.Num.Aliases'
    make: *** [build-haddock-stamp] Error 1

which actually seems to be cabal-install bug, see:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/517

Another option is to add:

    {-# OPTIONS_HADDOCK hide #-}

to the top of the offending file, but since that is a TH generated
file I haven't yet find a nice way to do that.

> Maybe upstream or the haskell-cafe knows a nice solution.

I've asked upstream.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo