Re: Hash-based depdendcies – please review

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> with ghc6-6.12.1, it is really easy to use hash-based dependencies. I
> implemented it in haskell-devscripts, but it needs review and testing.

Joachim,

I'm running in a debian sid chroot and installed the new ghc6 and haddock
using

     apt-get install -t experimental ghc6 haddock

I then grabbed haskell-devscripts from darcs and this is the top patch:

   Thu Jan 14 09:10:20 EST 2010  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
     * Hash based dependencies would close #518308 and #507912

The I grabbed the debian sources of haskell-mtl using:

    apt-get source haskell-mtl

and did

    dpkg-buildpackage -us -us -rfakeroot

which resulted in:

    dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -plibghc6-mtl-dev -ldebian/changelog
    -Tdebian/libghc6-mtl-dev.substvars -Pdebian/libghc6-mtl-dev returned exit code 255
    make: *** [binary-makedeb-IMPL/libghc6-mtl-dev] Error 9
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Am I doing soemthing wrong?

> PS: I’ll be on vacation from Saturday to Saturday.

Linux.conf.au by any chance?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/