Re: GHC 6.12.1 in experimental

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 07:27:47PM +0200, Kari Pahula wrote:
> I've just uploaded ghc6_6.12.1-1 and haddock_2.6.0-1 to experimental.

I'm just uploading ghc6_6.12.1-2 to experimental.  There was a missing
build dep.

Another change was using the included haddock to build ghc6's own
documentation.  If we treat .haddock files as arch dependent, then
they'll need to be built for each arch and I can't avoid a dependency
loop on haddock package if I want to use that.  I dropped the B-D-I on
haddock.  No B-D either.  This'll make the Ubuntu packager's life
easier, at least.

I prefer using a single copy of haddock for building all haskell docs.
I thought of another way of going about this: using the haddock
included with ghc6 and dropping the separately packaged haddock.  Is
there even need for haddock separately from ghc?  I could just make
haddock a virtual package, ie. make ghc6 provide, conflict with and
replace haddock.

There may be an issue with the configured paths with the included
haddock, but I can just build another one for general use, from the
same source.