Upgrade haskell-platform to 2010.2.0.0 because cabal update in 2010.1.0.0 fails under some proxies

Hello.

I've noticed that on a fresh Ubuntu VM (10.10) the haskell platform as
installed by "sudo apt-get install haskell-platform" can't cabal
update out of the box under some proxies, including mine and some of
my friends'. That was very annoying for me because I was advertising
my haskell app to these friends and they could not easily install it
because of this error.

I've heard that haskell-platform 2010.2.0.0 fixed this bug (and
indeed, on a Windows machine hosting that VM it is installed and the
bug does not appear). I'm now testing it on this vm..

Would it be sensible to update the ubuntu package to 2010.2.0.0 then?
(I don't know what is the process, but I'm hoping for a response from
someone who does)

http://hpaste.org/42448/cabal_update_failure - on ubuntu guest vm
http://hpaste.org/42449/cabal_update_success - on windows host

--