Continue DHG work?

Hi DHG group,

with our packages in squeeze in seemingly good shape I’m wondering if
its time to start working on something new again, e.g. upgrading
libraries. The question is:

 * Do it in experimental or in unstable?
 * Wait for ghc 7 or work with ghc6-6.12.3 as it is in experimental?

As auto-builder support in experimental is much better than it used to
be I see no problem in staging the next bunch of Haskell packages in
experimental. Are there any other pro’s and cons’?

The ghc question is again targeted at kaol: Do you want to upload ghc
version 7 to experimental any time soon?

We need sourceful uploads of all libraries to change the package names
to libghc-..., we need sourceful uploads to change the distribution to
experimental and we need sourceful uploads to change it back to
unstable, after the release of squeeze. I’d like to combine the first of
these in one step, if possible.

What else do we want to change/improve while we are at it?

I think that re-building every package for experimental is a good chance
to get rid of parsec2. The next haskell platform will depend on parsec3
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.libraries/14473), and
having two versions of the same package in the dependency tree confuses
cabal-install.