Re: libghc6-gtk-dev for lucid and maverick

[Adding the mailing list back to CC]

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.09.2010, 11:57 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:

> >>First, we need to reproduce the problem with the versions in Debian
> >>(ghc6-6.10.1 and gtk2hs-0.11.0-3) From the comments on
> >>http://trac.informatik.uni-bremen.de:8080/hets/ticket/794
> >>I’m not sure if the packages in Squeeze are actually affected.
> >
> >It's easily reproducable here, albeit in sid (same upstream versions
> >though), using the testcase on that bug.
>
> And someone else just reproed on Squeeze for us.

I just had a look at the output of
$ diff -ur gtk-0.11.0/ gtk-0.11.2/
and there many changes there (plus bumped dependencies on glib, pango,
cairo). I have doubts that the release team will be happy about such a
change during a freeze.

If that is the case (you can ask d-release, of couse), we’d need to
isolate the change to gtk (or is it maybe glib?) that fixed the problem
and backport it to gtk-0.11.0, upload that to unstable and ask for a
release exception. The changes to
gtk-0.11.2//Graphics/UI/Gtk/General/hsgthread.c and to initGUI could be
releated to threading issues.

And first of all, the bug should be reported against at bugs.debian.org.