Re: Bluetile package

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 11.06.2010, 00:25 +0200 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:02:55AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 08.06.2010, 00:22 +0200 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
> > > Do I really have to write a custom Setup.hs to make this happen? If so,
> > > is there maybe somewhere a simple package that I can look at? I have
> > > little experience with Cabal.
> >
> > A custon Setup.hs is probably overkill. We could move the binaries upon
> > package generation, but then we’d need a configure flag to tell bluetile
> > where to look for them (or just patch the source to look in libexec
> > instead of bindir).
>
> I did end up writing a custom Setup.lhs, but it also basically just
> moves the files over to libexecdir after all the other Cabal stuff ran.
> This way it will also work when people install Bluetile via 'cabal
> install bluetile' and I don't have to deal with two different possible
> locations for the helper binaries.
> I think this is a good solution - the only downside being, that the
> Cabal manual mentions in several places, that the hook system - which one
> has to use for this - is subject to change. Well, hopefully it won't break
> anytime soon. =)

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the change to Setup.lhs did not help the
packaging, as we use Setup copy. But moving the files in the debian
scripts is no problem, as long as bluetile expects them at the right
place (which is the case).

You could file a wishlist bug against cabal to be able to specify that a
binary should go to libexecdir.

> > This is not a problem for Debian, we have our own version number anyways
> > (0.4~bp, which sorts before 0.4). I don’t have a good idea for the cabal
> > package, maybe the others have.
>
> I simply changed it to 0.4.1 now. Maybe I will want to upload this
> version to hackage later as well and that seems the most compatible
> choice.
>
> So a updated release with the changes mentioned above can be found here:
> http://code.haskell.org/~jav/releases/bluetile-0.4.1.tar.gz

Built and uploaded. It will have to pass through NEW. In case you do not
upload that version to hackage, please skip the version number 0.4.1, so
that there are not two different tarballs with the same version.