Re: RFS: haskell-glfw

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 11:20 -0300, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> Any specific reason why you didn't included libghc6-opengl-doc in
> Build-Depends-Indep?

Yes: I forgot :-)

> You probably want to include libglfw-dev (and possibly libxrandr-dev) in
> libghc6-glfw-dev's Depends:.  To test if this is really needed, just check if
> you can build and run a program that uses libghc6-glfw-dev without these
> packages installed.

I tried several simple programs, and found out that libxrandr-dev was
needed, but libglfw-dev wasn't needed at all. This seemed strange, so
after a bit of investigation turns out that GLFW has a partial copy of
libglfw and instead of using the system's library it was linking
statically to this copy.

The cabal file has a flag for dynamic linking that uses the system's
library instead. I changed it manually, rebuilt and it worked as
expected.

So, I need to be able to pass --flags=dynamic to cabal configure in
order for the package to link against the system's libglfw. What's the
incantation in debian/rules for that to happen?

> The Build-Depends in libghc6-opengl-dev should be versioned, as in the .cabal
> file.

Done.

> There's no need to include DEB_BUILD_DEPENDENCIES = build-arch in rules
> anymore, since this is in hlibrary.mk.

Done.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - @iamemhn - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.