Re: Uploading NEW packages is ok

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 21.05.2010, 12:10 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of Sex Mai 21 11:26:50 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> > it might be ok if they are independent
> > from the transition, but this is actually not trivial to tell
>
> How can one tell if they're independent?  For instance, is parsec3 independent?
> Why?

I think most packages somehow involved in the transition are named,
ether as binary or source, from
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=haskell-platform
but it might be that you actually need to follow all links and collect
all further related packages.

Also, this page only lists i386 Dependency conflicts, so it might miss
something.

Now if any of these packages depends directly on directly on parsec3,
uploading parsec3 (and thus rebuilding all depending packages) will set
back the transition.

I’m CC’ing d-release; please check if I described this correctly.

Also, I have not heard from hppa buildds yet. Should I just give back
missingh on hppa in the hope that pari.d.o will pick it up, but risking
another failed build?