Re: haskell-debian → Debian

Hi David,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.05.2010, 05:52 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> I have pushed patches to http://seereason.com/darcs which address all
> these issues except the case sensitivity.  I will address that and
> then see about uploading the newest version to hackage.

I found 3.47 on hackage and think it is fit for uploading to Debian;
just did that.

I did patch the cabal file though, to avoid the dependency on HUnit. You
could make that dependent on a flag (-f-testing) to be extra-nice, but
it’s not important.

Man pages for the utilities would be more important. Maybe this is
another job where non-DD could bring themselves in?

Also, cabal-debian does not create packages fully in sync with our
current practice. Some points I spot are
 * Does not create Provides, Recommends and Suggests fields
 * Only build-depending on -prof, and not on -dev, works, but it would
   not be consistent with how we do it (B-D on both, version constraints
   only on -dev).
 * No VCS Headers, of course
 * Section misc, not haskell for the source
 * Priority optinal, not extra
 * maybe more

Our current templates are found in
http://darcs.debian.org/pkg-haskell/tools/template-debian/

David, I understand that not all these changes fit in the way you use
cabal-debian. But maybe a flag --packaging-style could be introduced to
cater for different preferences? Then this would be a very useful tool
for use inside the DHG as well.

Again, I don’t think I can work on that as well myself, but maybe
someone else in the DHG is interested in doing that, i.e. providing
David with the patches to make cabal-debian a great tool for our use?