Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: gtk2hs: control: Don't use haskell:Suggests, since the documentation is in gtk2hs-doc.

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 20.04.2010, 20:45 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Excerpts from marcot's message of Ter Abr 20 20:37:19 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> >   * control: Don't use haskell:Suggests, since the documentation is in gtk2hs-doc.
>
> I've removed the mozembed patch, and reapplied this one, so please obliterate
> both and repull this in your repositories.  I'm planning to make an upload with
> this fix.

will do. But in general, obliterating should be avoided. I guess what
could have been done here would be:
 * Locally obliterating the unwanted changes.
 * Build, upload and tag.
 * Pull from the repo and merge
 * Push
This way, the tags are still correct and the yet-unwanted changes
preserved.

In this case I was too optimistic that mozembed worked when pushing, and
later found out about the problems we are having.

BTW, wouldn’t it make more sense to fix haskell-devscripts to not
suggest non-existing -doc packages? It has debian/control available, so
it should know whether there is a doc package. Or do you plan to adjust
gtk2hs’s package name scheme to a number of libghc6-*-doc packages as
well anyways?

Alternatively, Providing: the non-exising libghc6-*-doc packages would
work as well. But I guess I’m a bit too late with my ideas :-)