Re: Empty binary packages

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 11.04.2010, 20:32 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> Yes, I checked and it now works fine. Also I did a check over all DHG
> packages:
>
>    root@chicken:/tmp# lintian --tags empty-binary-package *deb
>    warning: lintian's authors do not recommend running it with root
>    privileges!
>    W: configfile-doc: empty-binary-package
>    W: hslogger-doc: empty-binary-package
>    W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-dev: empty-binary-package
>    W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-doc: empty-binary-package
>    W: libghc6-hsql-mysql-prof: empty-binary-package
>
> which looks alright (I didn't check those doc ones, but it's likely they
> are transitional packages)

I uploaded the fixed haskell-devscripts and haskell-hsql-mysql. lintian
should not tag them if they have the right description. I quote:

 If the package is deliberately empty, pleaes mention in the package long
 description one of the phrases "meta-package," "dummy," "dependency
 package," "empty package," or "virtual package."

But according to "apt-cache show", these do not seem to be transitional
packages...  can some have a look what’s wrong with these?

Thanks,