Re: Bits from the Release Team: What should go into squeeze?

Hi.

Excerpts from Philipp Kern's message of Dom Mar 14 17:42:58 -0300 2010:
(...)
> We would like to know what needs attention, what bugs still need to be
> fixed in your package before squeeze is released, which features or new
> upstream versions you want to see in squeeze which are not ready yet.

Now that the transition is done, the only change I'd like to see in the haskell
libraries is setting a standard name for the -doc packages.  Some statistics:

$ grep-dctrl --regex -n -sPackage -FPackage 'haskell-.*-doc' /var/lib/apt/lists/localhost\:9999_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages | wc -l
27
$ grep-dctrl --regex -n -sPackage -FPackage 'libghc6-.*-doc' /var/lib/apt/lists/localhost\:9999_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages | wc -l
82

And we still have ldap-haskell-doc, which follows none of these formats.  I
propose we do the upload of these 28 packages, chaging them to the
libghc6-.*-doc format.  We could warn the ftp-masters and the release team
about our intention to do this before the freeze, if you agree with me on
this.  I don't think this would cause too much work, and it'll be good to have
a standard name in squeeze.

Please comment.

Greetings.
(...)