From: Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@debian.org>
To: helium <helium@cs.uu.nl>
Cc: debian-haskell <debian-haskell@lists.debian.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:50:40 -0300
Subject: Helium in Debian

Hi.

I'm working in the Helium package in Debian, and I noticed that the current
stable version of Helium 1.6 is not even available in the Download page[0], and
that there are a lot of patches applied to this version in Debian.  I tried to
build it with GHC 6.12.1 and I saw that some changes will be needed.  Do you
suggest me to keep Helium 1.6 in Debian, or to package the new development
version?

I mean, if the new version support less features then the older one, or is
known to introduce bugs, it may worth to addapt 1.6 to build with the newer
GHC.

Greetings.

0: http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/bin/view/Helium/Downloads
--- End forwarded message ---