Re: transformers vs. mtl

Hi Erik.

Excerpts from Erik de Castro Lopo's message of Sex Mar 05 18:28:52 -0300 2010:
> Ernesto Hernández-Novich wrote:
(...)
> > I mailed upstream privately (I'll quote him as soon as he agrees) and he
> > answered saying transformers was better, in general, than mtl. He also
> > pointed out that the problem with ghci is a matter of using the proper
> > command line option (-hide-package) to hide the package one does not
> > want to use. There's no problem with ghc either, because one has to use
> > -package to choose either.
>
> Is it possible to make the transformers package hidden by default?
> If so, packages built using cabal will still find it and user code
> can still use transformers by doing -package transformers.

This is a good idea.

I think this can be achieved by including:

install/libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-dev:: debian/tmp-inst-ghc6
	sed -i 's/^exposed: True/exposed: False/' \
		debian/$(notdir \
			$@)/var/lib/ghc-$(GHC6_VERSION)/package.conf.d/*

in the end of the debian/rules file.

Greetings.