Re: Changed base ABI hash, Was: Accepted ghc6 6.12.1-9 (source all i386)

Hi,

just one more note:

Am Montag, den 15.02.2010, 11:56 +0100 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > We could consider using dh_haskell_provides also for ghc6 and ghc6-prof,
> > so that they list the ABI is they provide. Any other ideas?
>
> I really think we need to run dh_haskell_provides in ghc6: Haskell
> packages just don’t work with non-matching ABI ids, even for base, so
> the packaging relations should reflect that.
>
> Note that haskell-devscripts is probably not a good build-depends for
> ghc6 (it depends on ghc6, haddock and hscolour). But I guess
> dh_haskell_provides could be copied to ghc6 without a problem.

Note that this does not require changes to haskell-devscripts or any
library package, and that they will make use of the hash-based provides
in ghc6 once such a ghc6 is used on the buildd.

I’m therefore not scheduling any binNMUs now. Ideally, we push a ghc6
with such provides ASAP, and then schedule the required binNMUs and
continue the sourceful uploads.