Re: haskell-filepath

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 03.01.2010, 17:14 -0200 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> As ghc6 now provides libghc6-filepath-dev, I don't see much point in
> keeping this package in the repository.  Should we ask for its removal?
>
> Notice this is the only package in this situation:
>
> $ for i in `apt-cache show ghc6 | grep ^Provides:\  | cut -d\  -f2- |
> sed 'y/ /\n/;s/,//g' | grep ^libghc6- | sed 's/libghc6-\(.*\)-dev
> $/\1/'`; do apt-cache showsrc haskell-$i; done
>
> It's also the only haskell package with RC bugs, as shown in pet:
>
> http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi

The only reason for keeping it separate would be if we’d expects updates
to filepaths itself. But it seems that this does not happen, so I’m fine
with removing them. Of course, only after making sure the reverse
build-dependencies are checked whether they build without it (or after
making sure that currently, the buildds would only install ghc6 and not
libghc6-filepath-dev anyways).

$ apt-cache showpkg libghc6-filepath-dev
Package: libghc6-filepath-dev
Versions:

Reverse Depends:
  twidge-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  twidge-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  hpodder-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  hpodder-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  dfsbuild-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  dfsbuild-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  datapacker-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
  datapacker-build-depends,libghc6-filepath-dev
Dependencies:
Provides:
Reverse Provides:
ghc6 6.10.4-1