Re: dh and dh_haskell_build

Hello there,

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 07:08:01PM -0200, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
Hi Iain.

Em Dom, 2009-10-18 às 20:25 +0100, Iain Lane escreveu:
(...)
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 05:03:06PM -0200, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
(...)
>I just checked in the darcs repositories of the haskell team, and
>there's no package using dh or dh_haskell_build.  Should we remove
>these, and close the bugs related to them?

Please don't. I have a plan in the back of my mind to add cabal support
to dh (specifically dh_auto_*), and these might prove useful there.

I don't like the idea of keeping them in the package while they're not
compliant to the Haskell policy.  Maybe we should remove them now, and
then reintegrate when there's a compliant version of them, and someone
wanting to maintain they in accord to the policy and the behaviour of
hlibrary.mk.

Do you think this is a bad idea?

I would like them to be kept around somehow so I can work on them.. Perhaps
they could be left in the source package but not installed into the binary?

Or we could have another branch for debhelper integration. Darcs doesn't have conceptually easy branching, but we can do this if need be.

Cheers,
Iain