Re: ListLike?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 13.10.2009, 08:49 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Whatever happened to listlike? It seems to be installable only on
> Lenny:
>
>     http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=listlike
>
> and that it was removed from testing and unstable:
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=541221
>
> However, I'm now looking at Iteratee on Hackage:
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/package/iteratee
>
> which has ListLike as a dependency. Is listlike worth resurecting?
> If so, I'd be happy to package and maintain it within the DHG.

I guess John can best comment on ListLike. If we really need it, we can
surely re-package it.

But is iteratee suitable for Debian? I didn’t look deeply, but if it’s
just a demonstration of a way of programming that is interesting to
developers from an academic/theoretical point of view, and it is
unlikely that „real world programs“ will need it soon, then I think it’s
ok to leave it on hackage.

If iteratee is useful, and will stick around for a while, then it
probably should not use the abandoned ListLike. You could talk with the
author if he agrees on that and then package a new release without the
dependency.

Gruß,