Re: haskell-network-bytestring ready for upload

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.10.2009, 22:12 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> I've just added haskell-network-bytestring to the darcs repo:
>
>     http://darcs.debian.org/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-network-bytestring/
>
> and I think its ready for upload.

some notes:

You explicitly specify:
Suggests: libghc6-network-bytestring-doc (= ${source:Version})
for the -prof package. Is there a reason not to use
Suggests: ${haskell:Suggests}
? This would make the package relations consistent across all haskell
library packages. If you disagree with the current relations, we should
discuss this on the list and fix it in haskell-devscripts.

There is a typo:
Recommends: ${haskell:Recommendss}
which dpkg-gencontrol also complains about.

Note that since haskell-devscripts 0.6.16, all three substvars
(haskell:Depends, haskell:Suggests, haskell:Recommends) are created and
should be used in the library, so that later changes to the contents in
these variables require only changes to haskell-devscripts, and not to
the packages themselves.

You should ship the examples in the -doc package.

You could, if you want, reflect the version constrains on network as
specified in the .cabal file also in the Build-Depends. With other
versions, the package will FTBFS, so this might save the buildds some
work.

Otherwise, the package looks fine to me. I put the package to
UNRELEASED, if you think you improved it enough, just tag it back.

Thanks,