Re: Knock-on effect of undoing arch/indep splits

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 01.09.2009, 14:13 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> Obviously the correct fix is to make hugs work again, but the fact
> that this kind of avoidable breakage is happening seems to lead me to
> the conclusion that we should rethink the policy. AFAIK that was the
> point of the CDBS 0.4.59 upload (to set DEB_BUILD_DEPENDENCY [possible
> sic]). Is there any reason why we can't do this, besides convenience?
> Any considerations can be codified in group policy.

I don’t think there is a reason. I pushed the cdbs fix during DebConf
for hs-plugins, which was generating documentation with some heavy
dependencies. The undoing of the split was only done for the haddock
index which now lives in -dev, thus haddock, *-doc (and probably
hscolour) need to be available for binary builds as well. The -hugs
packages were basically just dragged along there, because we didn’t know
for a good reason either way.

I think it should be fine to move the hugs stuff to B-D-I and add
DEB_BUILD_DEPENDENCY = build-arch
to debian/rules; feel free to do it for the Haskell Group packages.