Re: ∀lib: Debian(lib) >= Platform(lib)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 19:36 +0100 schrieb Ganesh Sittampalam:
> > Libraries that are newer in Debian will stay so, so we won?t be able to
> > support the platform fully. Now we have these options:
>
> What is the long-term plan for this issue - will new instances of it be
> allowed to arise, or will Debian allow the platform to catch up and then
> not jump ahead again?

I’m not sure if there is a consensus yet, so far not many developers
have commented on the issue.

Personally, I’m happy to give the platform the chance to catch up, but
I’d always reserve Debian the right to jump when required for good
reasons (e.g. new version of library needed by newer version of a
program that we want, or bug in the libraries).