Ocaml do hash-based dependency

Hi,

Just FYI: Today at lunch I listened to some Ocaml maintainer dicussions.
They are going to implement a hash-based dependency system: Library
packages calculate a (short, 5-letter) hash over their interface. This
is appended to the library name and put in the Provides. Depending
libraries then Depend on that virtual package.

I once proposed such a system for Haskell, but it was turned down,
saying (IIRC) that dpkg might choke on such a large amount of virtual
packages. I guess we can watch how it goes for the Ocaml guys and, in a
while, see if this approach would be useful for us as well.