Re: hscolour

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 11.07.2009, 21:57 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> New package here:
>
>     http://www.mega-nerd.com/Debian/hscolour_1.13-1.dsc
>
> Changelog below. I'm only a DM, so I'll need a sponsor. If its ok now,
> someone please upload, if it needs more work, let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> Erik
>
> hscolour (1.13-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * New upstream release. Closes: #469801.
>   * Provide a man page for HsColour binary. Closes: #515651.
>   * Adopting package. Previous maintainer put it up for adoption on
>     debian-haskell mailing list. Thanks Ian.
>   * debian/compat version 5.
>   * debian/control:
>     - Standards version 3.8.2.
>     - Section haskell.
>     - Add DM-Upload-Allowed: yes
>     - Remove irrelevant section of Description.
>     - Add libghc6-hscolour-(dev|prof|doc) Binary package outputs.
>   * Add debian/watch file which points at hackage.haskell.org.
>
>  -- Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@mega-nerd.com>  Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:43:23 +1000

I’m wondering why you didn’t add the Debian Haskell Group as the
maintainer? But I see you are not yet in the alioth group.

Do you want to take part in the DHG? If so, please tell John your alioth
login name, so that he can add you.

Besides that, I’d add a versioned Build-Dependency on
ghc6 (>= 6.10.3-3), so that the package is not tried on an architecture
where the new ghc6 is not yet built (ia64 at the moment). Same wold
apply for libghc6-*-dev-packages in the dependency, but it seems that
hscolour does not have any.

Also, you are adding a self-Build-Depenency to it. It would be good to
avoid that. Can you modify the build process that it uses the binary it
just generated to create libghc6-hscolour-doc? If that’s too hard, then
maybe disable the use of hscolor for that package, by defining ifndef
DEB_NO_IMPLICIT_HADDOCK_HYPERLINK = yes
at the top of debian/rules.