Re: Git? (Was: Team maint update)

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> I like this approach.

:-)

Well if you'd like to play with it, I've made it public. To grab it
do (you need bzr):

   bzr get http://www.mega-nerd.com/Bzr/Debian-Haskell/

There is a bunch of stuff in that repo, some of which doesn't work.
On thing that does work is haskell-json. To build that:

   cd Debian-Haskell/Cabal/

The tree will will look like:

    .
    |-- Makefile
    |-- Stamp
    |-- Tarballs
    |   |-- md5sums
    |   `-- sha256sums
    `-- debian
        |-- changelog
        |-- compat
        |-- control
        |-- copyright
        |-- rules
        `-- watch

And the Makefile you see there is basically three lines, two of which
are inclusions of common Makefiles from the directory above.

Doing 'make' will build everything unsigned. There is also a 'make signed'
target.

> I'd modify it though, in that I'd not use a
> Makefile, but rather extend debcheckout (which is a pretty nice tool) to

I'll have to check that out.

However, Makefiles have one advantage, partial builds. For instance
for a doing 'make debian'.  Will untar the sources and apply the
debian directory. In this state its perfect for doing quilt patches.

For a package that uses quilt, see Cabal/hoogle.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/